The Happy Couple

The Happy Couple
Family Reunion 2007

Monday, June 9, 2008

Surprise.....The Bridal Shower


Well... they got me... It was sure a BIG surprise on Saturday June 7 when I walked in my mother's house... I was absolutely surprised and knew nothing... All I know was that my mother was acting like she didn't want to be bothered with me, but that wasn't the case at all. So let me tell you the story...

It all started with me going to the hair salon early Saturday morning. I got up and got there around 7:00am which I thought I was going to be the first one there, to my surprise I was the third person and was that a wait. I didn't get out of the salon until 11:00am...yep 11am so how HOT was I, VERY... So I'm on my way home and Lee says, boo " How will you get your hair done the day of the wedding and get out early enough when you went at 7am today and you're just getting done now" I really didn't want to hear that so I just simply explained that the girls and I are going Friday morning to start the process and Saturday we'll only have to get styled...

I get home and he wasn't dressed," I should've noticed something then"...But anyway we get dress and head out, because Lee still hadn't found any shoes, so I thought that's what we were going to do. We're leaving out and Lee has my mom's picture album in his arms and I said where are you going with that. He says I want to take these to mom cause I'm cleaning and anything I put my hands on has to go. I said ok but thought nothing of it. Our goal for Saturday's mission was nothing Wedding related per say.. So out we go....We went downtown Market Street to Ronald Phillip and we get the shoes and now were on our way to Jersey to pick up Lee's wedding ring but first we stop for lunch, we get to Zale's and the clerk can't find the right paperwork to get the new ring out of her computer to do the exchange, so that took a few minutes, but 20 minutes later we are on our way. Coming out of Zale's right next door was the store "Things Remembered" and we knew we needed a few more gifts... While we waited for the things we purchased to be engraved there was a card store in the mall and we saw that they had somethings on display so we went in and got two more gifts, so now I'm thinking we are on a roll... We got three of the six gifts needed and moved to the next thing... But little did I know that the mission was soon to END... We leave the mall and I'm thinking we are going home cause I forgot about the picture album Lee brought to take to my mom. I started to tell him let's go home and I'll bring it to her later after I take a nap. After we cross the bridge he says " Are we going to your mom's to drop off the book" I said ok... So we get off the expressway and he takes the looong route and I'm tired really wanting to lay down but I didn't say anything... We get to the block and we pass this jeep that looks just like my cousin Dawn's. We're approaching the block an this grey jeep is backing out of the street and I say who is this idiot, so that person backed out we drive up and he passes the house and I say where are you going and he said to park, know we all know how HOT it was on Saturday and he's at the end of the block. So he goes around the corner and as we're coming back I spotted which I thought to be Ashley's car parked a block away, so he comes back up the street and I said to him why you park here, I sure hope she's home and he gave me a smirk and a chuckle...only at that point did I think anything was going on... He was taking so long to open my door and then he was fumbling in the trunk... I was saying to myself what is going on.... We finally walk up to the door ring the bell twice and my cousin Sheila answered the door and says "Hello" and I just started to laugh.. It was soooo funny to me that they had pulled one over on me...So since everyone wasn't there when I got there I answered the door and said Surprise to them, most of them didn't know what to do, laugh or be surprised that I was answering the door for them... This was an over all bestest day that I have ever had... Hope you all had as much fun as I did...Because I had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To my dear mother, daughter, bestest cousin Dawn and Sheila THANK YOU...THANK YOU....THANK YOU.... You really have out done yourselves this time... And to ALL my guests thank you for coming... And my Boo, you know I love you, thanks a million... SMOOCHES

No comments: